Sheila and I are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary, and it is amazing to us how fast the time has flown. It literally seems like yesterday that we were getting to know each other, planning our wedding and honeymoon. Now we are looking back on a decade of marriage!
Today, as I reflect, I am reminded of the sweetness of a life following Jesus. I remember back to when marriage was a dream. God had to teach me a lot about waiting on Him. He taught me that if I would trust Him, He would intersect my life with the woman He created just for me. God did just that! I will never forget the day I first realized Sheila was the one for me. I saw a real, genuine, godly and fun loving young lady. That was about twelve years ago now. I have learned many lessons over these years. Here are a few of them.
- God is good all the time.
- God knows exactly what we need and can be trusted completely.
- Following God will always lead to the greatest blessing.
- Marriage is a journey—it keeps getting better as long as Jesus is the center.
- Any problem can be overcome with God’s help.
- Marriage is one of the greatest gifts God gives.
- God’s provisions are always on time and just enough.
- The Bible’s instructions can be trusted no matter what.
- Communication is one of the most essential keys to a harmonious marriage.
- Chocolate is always appropriate.