It seems like the rush of the holiday season that Thanksgiving has been nearly run over by the mad rush toward the busy Christmas shopping season. Black Friday is the focal point. It is like the stores forgot that Thanksgiving was on the calendar and jumped right to advertising and pushing Christmas gift buying. However, no matter what the world does, it is necessary for God’s people to stop in the midst of it all and reflect on all that God has graciously given. It is easy to look around and find things that are not going our way and to get down. Yet if we will take the time to think over the past year, we will be able to count our blessing and be amazed at what God has done. Here are some of the blessings I am thankful for:
- My Salvation—the longer I live and serve God the more I am amazed that He loved me enough to sacrifice His Son for me. He is amazing!
- My Wife–talk about a gift from God. She is exactly what I need and such a help to me. She is my friend and the love of my life.
- My Children—they are so much fun! They keep us laughing. Sometimes when times are tough it is something they say that cracks us up. I am thankful for the new one on the way as well. God sure does answer prayers.
- My Church—I count it a huge privilege to be apart of Grace Baptist Church. It is vibrant, growing church that is seeing God work in mighty ways. The unity of spirit is awesome. I appreciate members and their heart to follow Christ.
- My Ministry—I thank the Lord for calling me to preach and pastor. I love serving the Lord and leading others to follow Him. I am thankful for the new opportunity to be a volunteer chaplain at our local police department. God works it ways that are beyond our imagination.
- My Parents—they have been consistent servants of the Lord for many years. They have given a godly heritage for which I am thankful.
- My In-Laws—they have shown the Lord’s grace though the trials that they have endured this past year. What a testimony of following the Lord even through the storms of life.
I am glad that we have a day to stop and reflect on the goodness of our God. Lets not let the day pass without letting Him know how thankful we are.